Windows ALIVE Program
REQUEST FOR ARTIST PROPOSALS
The Loveland Creative District is accepting proposals for the Windows Alive program.
We are seeking local creators to paint empty storefront windows throughout the Loveland Creative District.
Qualified artists and artist groups will be chosen to create original paintings and their work will be matched with an empty storefront location in the Loveland Creative District. The art will be on display for between one and three months depending on the availability of the windows. Paintings must be done with window-appropriate paints designed to withstand the weather and for easy removal. The estimated stipend or budget per painting will be in the range of $300-$500.
Design Elements to Consider / Aesthetic Preferences
• Suitability for general public viewing
• Visibility from street view
• Immediate visual impact
• Durability to hold up for one to three months outdoors and in all weather
• In general the final painting must be between 4-8 feet wide and at least 3 feet high, but the artist may be asked to scale the piece up or down based on the available window.
• We are seeking original works; artists must own all rights to the images used.
• Does the artwork meet the aesthetic preferences as stated?
• Do the person(s) working on the project have the necessary skills to execute the project?
• Has the artist/artist team completed on time and on budget a project of similar scope?
• Does the proposal show an understanding of the project objective and appropriate scale?
• Are the materials safe for the space and suitable for the project?
• Can the work be completed within an acceptable time frame?
The Windows Alive! program is open to proposals from Loveland artists or artists with significant ties to the Loveland community.
Deadline For Proposals
This is an ongoing program running from September 2023 to August 2024. Submissions will be assessed once a month. Proposals will be juried by a committee of members of the Loveland Creative District. Artists will be notified of the decision within a month of their submission.